Barbados Covid information
Barbados Travel Entry Requirements and Quarantine Procedures
Barbados Entry Requirements | Island Protocols | Barbados Covid Testing Centers
Updated Feb 5, 2021
Barbados is welcoming guests to visit and stay on Barbados during COVID. The government has outlined a detailed policy for travelers. Barbados Blue features Barbados quarantined approved villas. To enter the island travelers must meet the island's COVID related travel policy.
Due to the fluid nature of government regulations and requirements, we kindly ask you to review the details and latest information at the following Barbados tourism:
Summary of Barbados Entry Requirements and Quarantine protocols
For your convenience, please find below an abridged timeline that you should expect to follow, this is applicable to visitors from High Risk countries such as the USA, Canada, France and the UK :
- Take an approved Covid-19 PCR test. The test should occur within 72hrs before arrival in Barbados
- Review the options for your second Covid-19 PCR test in the Travel Protocols. The waiting period to take the required second PCR test in Barbados has been extended from 48 hours after arrival to 5 nights after arrival. Early booking is recommended.
- Prior to flight, complete online pre-arrival customs and immigration information and upload negative test results
- Arrive at Grantley Adams International Airport (BGI). We can arrange for a VIP Fast Track service who will meet you off the plane and provide fast track access through the various official checks eg Health, Immigration, and Customs. The service is highly recommended.
- All arriving passengers will be subject to a Rapid Antigen test for COVID-19 on arrival.
- Take an approved transfer directly to your rental accommodation. Our Concierge team can arrange this and you should be safe in the knowledge that drivers have undergone specific Covid-19 protocol training.
- Check directly into your accommodation and quarantine. You will need to remain in your accommodation until you receive a negative test result for your second test. The 2nd Test day has been extended from 48 hours after arrival to 5 nights after arrival. Test results are expected to be received in 24-48 hours. This effectively extends the quarantine period from the estimated 3-4 days to 6-7 days. Security costs may apply for each day of quarantine. If your rental property has a private pool or terrace you are welcome to enjoy this. Our concierge team can arrange pre-delivered groceries to your rental property in time for your arrival. Chef and maid service will not be available during quarantine.
- The COVID protocols require a Security Guard to be positioned outside of your accommodation. This is provided by an external contractor at additional cost. Guest are responsible for the cost of the security measure. Costs can range from US $ 100 - US $ 250 per 24 hours depending on the villa. Our concierge team will assist you with these arrangements.
- Take a second COVID PCR Test. Guest can either arrange for a mobile lab to test guests at the villa or take approved transportation to and from the testing centre for the second Covid-19 PCR test. Our concierge can assist and guide you with on island testing.
- Await results of the test. Once a negative result received (sent directly to you by email, generally within 24 - 48 hrs.) you are able to leaving your rental accommodation.
GUIDELINES WHILE IN BARBADOS
- Guests must quarantine until 2nd negative test result is received
- Guests can freely travel around the island once quarantine is over
- Masks and social distancing is required when possible.
For further information please visit https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2020
Covid Testing Centers in Barbados
COVID testing can be arranged for your return flight. Guests can either choose to have testing at their villa (select villas apply) or visit a COVID testing center in Barbados
Barbados Covid Testing Centers
- Offer PCR
- Testing by appointment
- Get results by email
- Cost: $175 per person 5 and older and will take 24 -48 hours to receive your results. Please state that you are with Isle Blue to received this rate.
The facility address is:
#18 Pine Road
Belleville, Saint Michael Barbados
Phone: +1 246 538 3838
Monday to Sunday: 8 AM to 9 PM
Source : https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2020